Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Google Glass Explorer Program: Just the Beginning

In July of 2013, I wrote my first blog post.  The topic, "wearable technology," was something I had been reading about, but it was fairly new to me and, in fact, it was more or less a new concept to the world at large.  In my post I stated that I had both a fear that this new technology would consume us, yet a desire to embrace it nonetheless.  Still, that new adoption of technology seemed a long way off and, at best, would be delivered in the form of a smart-watch or something similar, a small step up from the smart-phones already seemingly glued to our hands.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed that less than a year later, I would be selected to participate in the Google Glass Explorer Program.

Yesterday, I received the e-mail I had long forgotten I could receive: the e-mail indicated exactly that.  I was selected for the Glass Explorer Program, and now several dollars later, I have begun to create a project to explore Glass both in its practical application in every day life, but also, for its implications for Higher Education.

I hope you will continue to follow me as I explore Google Glass in the coming months.  



Thanks for reading.

Follow me on Twitter @AmandaMunsch

No comments:

Post a Comment